May 4, 2020 - Changes to Field Station: Dinosaurs During COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 has had a major impact on the world. Even though we are ready to open, we must remain diligent as ever to ensure that expeditions can continue all year. So, when you visit this season you may notice some changes to the ways we’ve done things at the Field Station, but know that we’re working hard to always bring you valuable and interesting ways of exploring the science and mysteries of a prehistoric world!
Some ways we are keeping you safe include:
– Adhering to all state or local government restrictions
– Reducing “contact points” between our staff and guests in shows, games, activities and entry/exit
– Taking time to disinfect contact areas multiple times daily
– Highly recommending the use of face masks for our guests and staff
– Limiting our show audiences to fall within state and local government restrictions and policy
– Closing the Kansas Climb for the 2020 season as we continue to implement our new climbing experience
– Staff will wash their hands after each show, game and activity
– Creating a preferred path throughout the Field Station to encourage social distancing
– Making changes to the Front Gate entry, allowing for smaller crowds upon entry
– Identifying and creating a clear Entry and Exit path that encourages less contact between visitors
– Expanding activities into the entire Family Camp, rather than in an enclosed space
Field Station: Dinosaurs aims to continue to provide quality entertainment in a safe environment and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in order to make decisions based on events, the CDC and future decisions by local government and health departments.
March 16, 2020 - Field Station: Dinosaurs Closes Until Further Notice Due To Concern Over COVID-19
March 16, 2020, Derby, Kan. – As the nation deals with the current spread of COVID-19, we want to assure everyone that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. In response to the announcement by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) about public events with more than 50 people being cancelled or postponed, we have made the unfortunate decision to close until further notice to the general public, including group bookings.
Currently, Field Station: Dinosaurs plans to reopen on May 23rd for our summer season. We strongly urge you to follow sensible actions when attending any public event. If you feel sick or are displaying any symptom of a cold or flu, we strongly encourage you to stay home.
Field Station: Dinosaurs aims to continue to provide quality entertainment in a safe environment. We continue to monitor events unfolding in the region and will make decisions based on those events, the CDC and future decisions by area health departments. If you have purchased tickets for our Spring Break Sneak Peek week already, Field Station: Dinosaurs will honor those tickets at a later date.